Other programs are available to farmers that are outside the Lake Decatur Watershed or can be stacked with the RCPP program.
- ADM re:generations – ISCC Emissions Scoring
- ADM re:generations – Cover Crop
- ADM re:generations – Wheat
- Carbon by Indigo
- Nutrien Sustainable Nitrogen Outcomes
- Soil and Water Outcomes Fund
- Frequently Asked Questions on Sustainability Programs
- Comparison of Programs
Perennial Bioenergy Crops
American Farmland Trust (AFT) is collaborating with Argonne National Laboratory (ANL) to broaden Illinois’s crop diversification and farm resiliency efforts. This project seeks to repurpose marginal lands using perennial bioenergy crops to provide additional economic opportunities while boosting farm resiliency. Argonne National Lab developed a free analysis tool called SUPERBEEST for farmers and conservation planners to assess the marginalities of a particular parcel and where perennial bioenergy crops could be a good fit.
AFT is looking for farmers and landowners who are interested in receiving free technical assistance. This free technical assistance includes:
- An initial phone consultation
- An in-person or virtual site visit
- The creation of a personalized 5-Year Management Plan for a perennial bioenergy crop of your choice
For more information on the project, please visit the project webpage.