Today, June 22, 2020 the State of Illinois issued the guidelinesopens PDF file for moving from Phase 3 to Phase 4 in the reopening plan. This Friday, June 26th, the City of Decatur and Macon County is expected to move into this next phase of the plan. Under the new phase we will see a further easing of the restrictions that have been in place for months now, including:
- Fitness centers, gyms, theaters and certain indoor recreation may open with capacity limits at 50% and restrictions on classes of up to 50 with social distancing
- Concession stands and club houses can reopen
- Meetings, social events, and other gatherings are limited to 50 people with social distancing, up from previous limit of 10
- Indoor dining and drinking permitted for parties up to 10 people with spacing between tables
- Outdoor seated spectator events allowed (indoor spectator events still prohibited) with a maximum of 20% seating capacity
- Youth and recreational sport games and tournaments permitted with capacity and group size limits
- This is obviously not an exhaustive list of the new guidelines, so if you have specific questions about a use or activity, you should consult the specific guidelines for that business, use or activity, all of which are posted on DCEO’s website.