Decatur Police Department’s Camera Registration Program is designed to deter crime and promote public safety through a collaboration between the Decatur Police Department and the residents and businesses of the City of Decatur.
Accordingly, all Camera Registration Program participants agree to the following terms and conditions:
- The Decatur Police Department will keep information provided by the registrant confidential and not disclose that information to third parties except as reasonably necessary to fulfill lawful responsibility or in accordance with law enforcement practices.
- Under no circumstances shall registrants construe that they are acting as an agent and/or employee of the Decatur Police Department through the Decatur Police Camera Registration Program.
- At no time will the Decatur Police Department have direct access to your camera or camera system.
- If necessary, the Decatur Police Department will contact you directly, using the information provided on this site, to request video evidence relevant to a criminal investigation.
- Absent a court order the registrant may deny access to the video or video system.
- At any time, the registrant can request the Decatur Police Department remove their registration record from the Camera Registration database.
Checking Next here indicates acceptance of the above terms and conditions.